an audience of one

6.09.2009

I was reading something on the internet today that gave the statistics for the number of people who follow blogs. The thing that stuck out to me in this article was that most blogs have "an audience of one." Like I said, I think I can put words on a page together and make it fairly interesting. But I would never think that I am better at it than even half of the world. From the start, I expect to have no more than an audience of one. I told someone that I was writing a blog and their response was, "Can you make any money off of it?" I don't think they understand the point.

So now I'll tell you what the point of this is.

1. It keeps me busy. Like I've said before, I don't have a lot to do right now, and this seems like a productive way to use my ample time.

2. It's a record. I know that I'll enjoy reading this in the future. I don't necessarily care about what other people think about this, but I know it'll be entertaining for me.

3. Writing out my thoughts and ideas helps me organize and decide what I really think. I've often had to many opinions within myself. I have been known to argue with myself. I think that if I have to publish something to the world, I'll think it out and come up with my best decision.

So far only 3 people know that this blog exists and 1 knows how to get here. I'm basically writing for myself, but if anyone else finds it interesting, good for you.

I found a game online I enjoyed, mostly because you can do anything you want to accomplish the goal. Here it is in case you want to try it out.

http://bored.com/games/play/270/Contraption.html

0 comments:

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Free Blogger Templates Columnus by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP